• Responsible for taking action on events, alerts, and incidents escalated from the Level 1 Analyst.
• Act as a lead for Email threats to understand why the targeting occurs.
• Triage malware alerts, their priority and the need for escalation.
• Monitoring for emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities.
• Troubleshoot basic script errors and security tool misconfigurations.
• Coordinates with information technology stakeholders.
• Communicates with management on incident updates.
• Able to run down an event or alert from start to finish without higher level supervision.
• Minimum IT Diploma Holder or equivalent.
• Ability to work in rotating shifts and also be on-call outside of shift hours on a regular and recurring basis.
• Possess personal and professional integrity. Individuals will be required to submit to a background examination.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to take initiative and ownership of incidents from reporting to resolution.
• Ability to understand business impact.
• Previous experience leading teams and providing guidance to fellow employees
• Experienced in performing basic and medium level forensic analysis on Microsoft Windows and Unix systems.
• Identify and evaluate malware related compromise artefacts.
• Possess comprehensive understanding of and substantive experience in the areas of network systems engineering, computing systems and software applications.
• Demonstrate prior experience using network analysis tools, scripting languages, software vulnerabilities, exploits and malware.
• Experience of working in a high volume and result-oriented operational environment.
• Ability to assume leadership role on ad-hoc basis for managing Level 1 Analysts.
• Ability to mitigate command and control attempts by recommending defensive technology configurations.
• SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
• SANS GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
• EC2 Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
IT Diploma Holder or equivalent.
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org